Spectrum High Standard English for JSS Textbook 1 (Bec Edition)
Spectrum High Standard English for Junior Secondary Schools 1-3 are written in conformity with the current Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) of the Nigerian Education Research Development Council (NERDC) for English Language in secondary schools. They are designed in line with the contemporary usage of the language.
- The comprehension passages integrate contemporary national issues and teach deduction from statements and stories.
- The grammatical structures emphasis progressive grounding in the use of English.
- Solid foundation is laid for the learners in writing.
- The literature aspect would lead to literary appreciation.
- Punctuation marks which will make learners’ work readable and meaningful are emphasised.
- Users are enabled to use the dictionary as an effective reference material.
- The series come with Workbooks and Teacher’s Guides for evaluation and for monitoring the progress of the pupils and guiding the teacher in effective teaching delivery.